Breaking News
Loading...

The Most Connected Man in the World Uses 700 Sensors and Systems to Record Every Detail of His Existence

9:54 AM


They say meditation can make you self - awareness , but it can do much technology seems to work ! 45 - year -old American software developer Chris Dancy , most connected people in the world , uses a range of sensors , devices , services and apps that collect real - time data about its activities and the environment around him . A total of 700 systems monitor his every mood and move , and being ' the most quantified human ' helped him know himself better than ever before . " That I have spent the last four years in connecting all the devices that I wear all the smart technology in my house , and all piping data through a single online platform , so the I can find my whole life . would call it my ' inner - net ' , " he said .

Dancy will not only stay connected for fun , he puts all of the data to good use . By constantly monitoring his movements and eating habits , she has managed to lose 100 pounds . " Now I know what to drink , what to eat , when to sleep and when to actually make myself get up . Very simple things like that , " he said . " This is the body and mind Hacking . As we hack the computer and any type of data , your body and your mind is the greatest system mankind has ever known information and understanding makes it hackable . "

" When I touch something, I try to make sure that it is something that I can get the information out so that I can track , then find it , visualize it and share it with people who might want to piece it , " added Dancy . He got the idea to stay connected after realizing that he was putting a lot of information online and went out of business one of these services , relevant information is lost . " It really started with me having the desire to digital collect what I'm creating . "



Dancy was carrying two smartphones ( an iPhone 5s and Moto X ) and a plethora of wearable technology with its people all the time . A Pebble SmartWatch one wrist sends him updating from his phone . On the other wrist , he has his own a Fitbit Flex constantly monitors his movements and sleep patterns . He also has Blue HR heart rate monitor strapped to his chest , a BodyMedia fitness tracker around her upper arm and a Lumoback posture sensor that vibrates when he slouches , under his belt . He sometimes throws a glass and Google have many sensor products for his home , such as a smartphone - Hue controlled lighting system and the mattress cover also collects data Beddit sleep .

He uses Netatmo to monitor the sound , turned and wemo quality and temperature sensor for emotion . A nest thermostat regulates the temperature in his home and a nest Protect checks for carbon monoxide and smoke . An app called Estimotes gives him information when he was something close to his house ( so he never lost his key , I suppose ) . Its security system and in - car statistics are all hooked up as well . Dancy has not spared his two dogs either he tracked their daily progress by collecting data by Tagg , a pet GPS system .


" The house knows my behavior , " he said . " If I get really stressed out and do not sleep well , when I wake up to light a certain color , the room at a certain temperature , and play some music . My whole life is based preconditioned all the information that I collected in real time . " Dancy said this ' data assisted living ' has revolutionized her life . He really surprised that many people do not follow his example . " I have had many people tell me they want to do it or they are working on it but it's been two - and - a- half years since people started learning about me and no one is really done it . did not know what the holdup is as to me it is quite easy to do , " he said . " Either they do not understand the value of information or it is just something hard for them to break . "

But it is understood why people were not so enthusiastic about it - lean and healthy with so much stuff and looking silly . " All this stuff has to go away , " said Dancy . " It all needs to be in my wedding . Why do not your shoes may have a haptic sensor on them , so if you 're walking you do not have GPS . - Your shoes just vibrates left or right " Also , there is a very - the real threat of personal data falling into the wrong hands . But Dancy is optimistic about mastering our data , as we do not give it away .

Due to its unique lifestyle , Dancy is a coveted individual major tech companies and tech start - ups . All he wanted to study and get his input in developing smarter products . " I have everyone from those who want to make smart cup people who want to make underwear with major beverage companies and sportswear company . Did not want to name drop but almost every large company and many start - ups reached out to me . I give them advice and I will spend time creating what I think is the ideal solution for them . "

Dancy believes that the future lies in staying connected . " This is not about a refrigerator that knows you're out of butter , " he said . " It is about a lighting system that says ' take an umbrella , it's going to rain within an hour , ' just by flashing blue near your front door . Must No one something to read they text or talk to you , they just need gentle reminders . " he added wearables would also be confined to the health market for the next two years .

It is interesting that while the rest of us are hooked to the internet , Dancy pronounces it dead . Instead , he believes that ' innernet - the information you - is the future ' .

Source: Chris Dancy via Daily MailThe Guardian



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer