Breaking News
Loading...

The Girl with No Vagina

2:38 PM


A teenager has spoken of his "total shock" at being told at the age of 17 she had no vagina.

Jacqui Beck, 19, has MRKH, a rare syndrome that affects the reproductive system - meaning he no uterus, cervix or vaginal opening.

He was diagnosed only after he went to his GP about back pain - and mentioned in passing that she had started her period.




'I'm sure the doctor got wrong, but when he explained that was why I was having the time, it all started to make sense.

'Then she explained that I would not be able to carry a child and may have to have surgery before I can have sex.

'I left the doctor in tears - I do not know what it's like to give birth, be pregnant, have a period of time. All the things that I thought were doing suddenly got erased from my future.

"I was really angry and felt like I was not a real woman any more. '

Because he has never attempted to have a physical relationship, never noticed the problem himself Miss Beck. He tried, he would have discovered it was impossible for him to have sex.




He said : ' It's not really a conscious decision not to have a girlfriend , I was not really fancy any of the men in my area , which is lucky , considering what I know now ' .

MRKH affects one in 5,000 women in the UK . Most of them will discover the conditions because they started their season , but few know when they persist to have sex .

Miss Beck explained he is a ' dimple ' where her vagina should be so from the outside it looks normal - which explains why the condition is not detected earlier.

Despite the shocking news , he was trying to see his condition in a positive light - and even as a way of ensuring that he meets the right person .

He said : ' If you have a problem with it at him, then he is not the kind of person who likes to go out with .

'I'm a hopeless romantic and I see it as a good test of a person's character . Instead of focusing on putting it off people , I really think it will help me find " the one " .

'I want to be faithful to any man I meet and tell them about my immediate situation . I do not want them to feel tricked into being with me .

' I will feel more comfortable if they know the truth and besides , if they run the mention of MRKH then I do not want to be intimate with them . '

He said that as a teenager , he was blissfully unaware of his condition - with no idea that the progress he is waiting for will never happen .

' When I was 14 , my friends started talking to me about their time . They started carrying tampons around , complaining about cramps and sharing notes on what it 's like .

" For a year I waited to go through the same , up to 15 , has started all knew their time apart from me .

' I did not panic though , I was tall and skinny and I thought that might be something to do with me being late developer . '

Instead , he focused on his future and when he was 17 , applied to attend a college of music in Guildford .

But after suffering from pain in his neck in the summer 2012, he went to see his GP .

' While I was there , I mentioned I did not start my period . I still was not overly concerned but I thought it was worth saying something

" My doctor was very surprised but seem to think it was serious. Suggested only that he will make some scans to see what the problem is . '




When scan showed nothing , he was referred to a gynecologist , who immediately spotted something was wrong .

Miss Beck said : ' My other results of the scan are sent to him and just from looking at it , he knew I had MRKH .

" He sat me down and explained that only one I do not have a uterus or a vagina , I was born without it and instead only had a little dimple in it's place . '

So mortified by what he heard , he was too embarrassed to admit to family and friends she had the condition - let alone the prospect of telling any future boyfriends .

He said : ' I was too embarrassed to call my mum and talk it through with him , so instead , I sent him an email .

" He called back and came straight over to Guildford the next day from the Isle of Wight .

' While mum was upset for me , he tried to focus on finding out as much about the situation as possible , so we can understand it .

' He also encouraged me to focus on the bright side . We laughed as we listed all the things that I do not have to go through , headache, cramps , pains , smear test - . To try and look on the bright side '

Focusing on her treatment , Miss Beck was admitted to Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea Hospital in London , who specialize in these conditions .

There, he was given dilation treatment , which involved using different sizes of dilators to try and stretch her ​​vaginal canal - but said if it did not work , he would need to be operated on.




He said : " I spent two days there , getting been taught how to use the dilator and learn more about MRKH .

' The first time the nurse showed me how to use a dilator I almost died of embarrassment . But now , I got used to it , I see it in any other form of treatment .

' At the hospital , they referred me to a network of other women who have the same condition . It was great to talk to other girls who felt like me .

' I stopped feeling so alone and it also gave me hope as I spoke to the women who had gone on to have a full sex life . '

Thankfully , his treatment has worked and if he continues he will not need surgery and when he chooses to , will be able to have intercourse .

Further down the line there will be more difficult conversations he must have come when she wants to have children .

He said : 'I'm at an age when I'm thinking about the kids , but I think that hit me later . I will use a second , or shelter , but I have to ensure that any person I meet is OK with that too .

' Again , I try and take it as a blessing , not as women discover they can not get pregnant when they are trying for a baby , I have time to get used to the idea . '

For Miss Beck , his one hope is that the condition becomes more well known , so that other women realize they have it earlier than he did .

' I was only told five of my best friends , but then I realized it was not something I should be ashamed of .

' If you have cancer , or , any other medical issues , people would be supportive . So , I recently came out to everyone on Facebook , telling them about my situation .

' I was surprised at how positive everyone was, they said I was brave and beautiful , now I wish I had not been open about it from the beginning . '

1 comments:

  1. Good news to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr. James, a herbal practitioner who helped me to cure HIV, I have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr. James sent to me to drink for about 14 days. 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup, and I was tested HIV negative. All thanks to God for leading me to Dr. James who was able to cure me completely of this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr. James because I got to know him through Mr. KELLY, who he cured of Hepatitis B. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life. Dr. James has cured diseases like BIPOLAR DISORDER, .DIABETES, NEPHROTIC SYNDROME MOUTH HERPES, MOUTH CANCER, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL ILLNESS, POLIO DISEASE, ALZHEIMER, BULIMIA DISEASE, COMMON INFLAMMATORY DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, INFERTILITY, SHINGLES, BADRONOLE DISEASE, CHEST DISEASE / AIDS, AND BEHAVIORAL, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ECZEMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS Contact Dr. James through  email address  DRJAMESHERBALMIX@GMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete

 
Toggle Footer