Treatments such as laser skin resurfacing and microdermabrasion smooth the skin's surface, effectively removing pimple scars. These treatments, however, are painful and expensive. Thankfully, there are many natural treatment methods you can employ to remove pimple scars.
1. Apply bleaching cream to your pimple scars. Oftentimes, pimple scars feature darker pigmentation than surrounding areas. Bleaching creams will lighten the scars so they better blend in with the surrounding skin. You can find bleaching creams in most cosmetic and drug stores.
2. Exfoliate. Use either a facial or body scrub to exfoliate the area, depending on the location on your body. Exfoliation encourages cell turnover so that new skin cells more rapidly replace the damaged, scarred skin cells. Exfoliate the area at least twice weekly.
3. Use a scar treatment cream on your pimple scars. These creams are available over the counter and work to gradually fade scars. Follow your cream's specific instructions, but you'll generally need to apply it multiple times per day for at least 12 weeks before you see results.
4. Hydration is the key. It has been proven that water is one of the best natural methods to remove acne scars and prevent acne breakouts. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water or more helps your skin to shed those unwanted dead skin cells.
5. A lot of people are recommending the use Vitamin E capsule for those scars. You might apply it topically to the affected area by pricking a spot in the capsule and apply the oil to the scar. Another option is to take it orally to have that cell renewal from the inside.
6. Rosehip seed oil is also an effective remedy on removing acne scars. This is an anti-ageing and anti-wrinkling agent that helps the skin to regenerate. Massage it on the scar twice a day.
7. Eating a balance diet may help in removing acne scars. The more nutritious foods you include in your meal, the faster the scar will heal. It helps in building the skin cells and gives a healthy skin glow as well.
8. Combine rose water and paste of sandal wood and apply it on the spot where the scars are. Leave it overnight then rinse with cold water the next day.
9. You may also have a chemical peel procedure. This is just like dermabrasion. The only difference is that the top layer of the skin is peeled off using chemicals not machines. This is not a very advisable procedure for all since some people may have allergic reactions to the chemicals.
10. Egg whites - Egg whites have very powerful healing qualities that will help heal your scarring and eventually make it less visible. Egg white is full of proteins and amino acids which can tighten the pores to prevent new breakouts while it lightens the scarred skin. Take a small bowl and whip 3 egg whites until they become fluffy and white. Use your fingers to gently spread the egg whites on to your skin - concentrate on the problem areas. Let the egg whites dry on the skin and wait a few minutes before rinsing away gently with moderately warm water. Do this 2-3 times a week.
11. Baking soda - Baking soda is coarse but not that coarse, its small particles are smooth and would not damage the skin. And if applied correctly it will gently slough off the top layer of dead skin cells without causing your sensitive facial skin to become irritated or inflamed. Simply mix a small amount of baking soda with water to make a consistent paste. Very gently massage the baking soda onto your skin and leave it on for one minute, before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Remember to always moisturize your skin afterwards; I personally, massage a few drops of olive oil on my face and it works very well. Repeat this 2-3 times a week or depending on your exfoliation routine.
12. Olive Oil - Olive oil is packed with iron and vitamins A, D, E, C, B1 and B2. Vitamin E is increasingly being recognized as an important player in helping the fight against the aging process. Olive oil being rich in anti-oxidants and a good anti-inflammatory agent helps prevent acne and removes acne scars effectively. Because olive oil is non-comedogenic i.e it doesn't clog pores, and because it effectively dissolves dirt and oil trapped within our already clogged pores; it is a good acne scar treatment. Before going to bed gently massage olive oil onto your facial skin, concentrating on the trouble spots. Continue massaging for a few minutes till you can feel that your pores are completely saturated. Drape a warm wash cloth over your face to steam and hence open the pores. Gently wipe away the excess oil. Repeat the process 1-2 times before rinsing your face with cold water. Apply a very thin layer of olive oil on your face and leave it on for at least 15 minutes before going to bed.